Naturopathic Women's Doctor Tyler TEXAS DALLAS
A Naturopathic Doctor with Passion and Purpose
On being a Licensed Naturopathic Doctor
Being a Naturopathic Doctor has been my passion and purpose since I was a little girl. I was born and raised in Texas, have lived in Europe and Africa, and have travelled to many other countries with extensive stays. All the while, I continue to seek my path to be the best doctor that I can be for you.
Thus far, I have:
- Completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts- from Stephen F. Austin University,
- Certified in Orthopathy, CNC. A two year certification course and multiple internships. Orthopathy is the study of fasting -intermittent, water, mono-diets, diet, and other lifestyle measures to prevent disease and allow the body to heal from disease.
- Interned for 6 months with Doug Graham, DC, renown Olympic athlete trainer/coach, at his Raw Foods and Fasting retreat in Marathon, Florida,
- Interned 4 weeks with Dr. Leon Chaitow, ND at Stellenbosch Health Hydro in South Africa
- Certified by Dr. D’Adamo As a Blood Type Diet Specialist
- Certified as a Live Food Cuisine Chef by Gabriel Cousens, MD., Four week training at The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center.
- Certified in Ayurvedic Medicine by Bastyr University
- Certified in Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnostics by Bastyr University
- Certified in Wilson's T3 Therapy-E. Denis Wilson, M.D., described Wilson’s temperature syndrome in 1990 as the presence of multiple symptoms along with a low body temperature and slowing metabolism, caused by illness, injury, or stress. Metabolism is defined as the process of converting calories and other nutrients from the foods we eat into the energy needed for all life processes. The many possible symptoms attributed to Wilson’s syndrome are common and non-specific, meaning they can occur in many diseases or even be part of a normal, busy life. Dr. Wilson argues that the syndrome represents a form of thyroid hormone deficiency, even though low hormone levels are not reflected in blood tests.
- Earned my doctorate degree in Naturopathic Medicine at Bastyr University, the largest university for naturopathic medicine and sciences in the U.S., combining a multidisciplinary curriculum with leading-edge research and clinical training recognized by NIH and Harvard University.
- Nationally CNME-Board-certified Naturopathic Doctor.
- Licensed by Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Lobbied to regulate Naturopathic Medicine in California and Colorado, and the Bills were passed.
- Have represented California and Colorado to the House of Delegates to the AANP.
- Have been a member of the AANP for over 11 years
- Current Member of American Association of Restorative Medicine
- Bastyr University Alumni
- Yearly, I continue to get over 30 hours of formal, certified continuing education credits to maintain my ND license in Minnesota because Texas is an unlicensed state currently.
- Some of my Favorite Hobbies are being a keeper of bees, anything on the water, being with my sons, hiking, camping, backpacking, traveling, exploring, and I passionately read studies and the history of natural medicine and its effect on the human body in all its wonder!
While living in France and Europe, I studied French at the University of Bordeaux. I was introduced to not only natural medicines such as botanical medicine and homeopathy, but also to some of the finest foods, country side and culture. Adding to my experience of traditional foods and culture was my prolonged stay in Bizau, Austria, and my travels to many other European countries.
While living and traveling in Africa, I studied and completed my certification and internships in a two year course in Orthopathy / Natural Hygiene was founded by Dr.Herbert M. Shelton. Natural Hygiene has supplied me with the fundamental knowledge of how the body can heal itself compounded by my doctorate degree in naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University.
After becoming a Naturopathic Doctor…
I co-founded Holistic Elements, a Natural Medicine Center, in Pacific Grove, CA, where I successfully practiced over ten years with many other health care providers. Working as a primary care doctor and the clinic director, my patients transitioned to a healthier, disease-free lifestyle which radiated to their friends and family.
- My first goal is to help women learn how to care for themselves through the demands of life. I have found in my practice that many women by the age of 50 are spent, tired, exhausted, depleted… My desire is to catch women in their 20s, 30s and 40s who may be headed down this spiraling path and redirect them, gently. With women in their 50s and on, I help to restore, rejuvenate and replenish their health and vitality. The body is amazing in its desire to heal and be well.
- To be available globally, virtually. With today’s universal access to the World Wide Web, I have made a Virtual Practice. People are on the go and need easy access to information that is specific and unique to them. I work with people from many states and around the world. I order blood work as need be through your primary care or Ob/Gyn, or an order I send to you for any lab. Once our relationship is established, I will answer your quick questions and make recommendations accordingly. For example, While working with you to resolve a chronic health issue(s), you may be about to fly out of the country, what should you take to maintain healthy immunity? I can help you virtually!
These are only a few of the experiences that has fueled my fire to become the Passionate, Knowledgeable and Wise doctor that I am.
A balance in all aspects of life works best for a healthy, well-rounded, human being. Let me help you find the right balance for you to experience Wellness.
At your finger tips, I am your ND On The Go, and Go To ND naturopathic doctor.
Health should be easy to come by once we remove obstacles. My goal is for you to be
fully restored, rejuvenated and replenished.
Together we can create a balance in all things for you to enjoy your life to its fullest. Once you are balanced, you will know when you become off kilter, and with guidance or not, you will know how to get back on track.
Dr. Bella Icenhower | Naturopathic Functional Medicine Doctor
Best Women’s Natural Health Care
1614 Everglades Dr
Tyler, TEXAS 75703
DALLAS |FT. WORTH | TEXAS | EAST TEXAS| AUSTIN | HOUSTON | California | Colorado | Arkansas | Oklahoma |Louisiana | USA |Int’l
720-514-9127 Call | Text